Monday, February 17, 2014

South Street Burger Company: Good Fast Food??

I don't normally do "food reviews", but this is one of the few occasions where I will.

My reasoning  simply boils down to: sometimes you just want to go for a really good burger and fries.
So, when you are careful about what you eat, where your food comes from, & what's in it etc, where do you go?

FIRST. Let me give you a little back story - because I love a good back story ....

  • My husband discovered a while back that there are a number of wheats and grains he's allergic to. Bad rashes, and sickness to ensue.

  • Then, I too dicovered that any and all preservatives make me sicker than sick - and we are talking SICK. (I won't get into it since we're talking about good food, and I don't want to put you off either)

  • My oldest son, was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 6, after experimenting with foods we have managed to get him to a zero symptom life. Ergo: Dyes, preservatives, sodium phosphate preservatives, added sugars, gmo's are a NO-NO.

  • Did I mention he's also allergic to all nuts? Ya. Good times!

My youngest seems to do well with nearly anything, but we've also raised him from infancy to love eating raw foods, veggies fruits and whole grains.

Ok - so with all those factors, when you want a family night out, and a treat - WHERE do you go?!?


  • They offer all local small farmed beef, without antibiotics, growth hormones, preservatives or fillers.

  • All their burgers are made to order, cooked on an open fire - SO good!

  • Their bun choices, which are baked on site daily, are: White, Whole Wheat (personal fav), and GLUTEN FREE - yup Keri, I said gluten free!

  • All their toppings are fresh, bountiful, and delicious! (unfortunatley I couldn't get any info on where it's grown, but sometimes you just have to give in on some things.)

  • Their hotdogs are filler, sodium nitrate, hormone, bi-product & antibiotic FREE. (their buns have the same choices as the burgers)

  • They have a veggie burger - and it tastes like a burger!

When you are done, you feel full & satisfied. Not bloated, icky and like you ate a tube of animal bi-product laced with artificial flavours.

The only downside, and this is completely irrelevant really, to Southstreet is the price point. It's a little high - but that said; you get what you pay for. And you get a great meal for what you pay.

I highly recommend that you go when you have the hankerin' for a tasty burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment